Overview of the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
We are seeking a dedicated and talented Senior Manager of Technology and Systems to join our team. NYIC is a great place for career growth. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and joins our seven person Operations Team.
The Senior Manager of Technology and Systems will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading technology functions, database administration and digital systems projects in the organization. This person will help determine the technology and digital needs of an organization; manage existing systems, applications, databases and online tools; and be responsible for implementing and maximizing the potential of the NYIC’s systems to fulfill the organization's goals. The organization is committed to building an online knowledge base for its members and increasing its capacity to spot trends and needs among New York State’s immigrant communities. The scope of the Senior Manager of Technology and Systems’ responsibilities includes all activity related to overseeing the maintenance and implementation of relevant digital, technology, and telecommunications resources related to the NYIC’s operations.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager of Technology and Systems
- Coordinate large IT projects, including liaising with vendors on the design and deployment of new IT systems and services, and integrating existing systems to bring greater efficiency, improve tracking, and build our audiences
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Administer Salesforce and related platforms, develop processes and objects within the database to streamline our work and tracking processes
- In cooperation with the NYIC’s external IT services and tech support provider, help define technology and systems infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes; recommend and implement new technology solutions
- Serve as point-person for staff-wide needs in the areas of data visualization, program system design, and professional development related to basic data tracking (creating presentations, etc.)
- Analyze organizational needs by partnering with colleagues across the organization to develop solutions for Technology and Systems needs
- Train staff in the online tools for which this position is administrator (e.g. Salesforce, Click & Pledge, FormAssembly)
- Provide trouble-shooting support and serve as NYIC's "superuser" for Zoom, MS Office, Google Suite, Asana, Salesforce and other office software.
- Manage, with support from the Operations Associate, the technological onboarding and offboarding of new and departing NYIC staff across New York State
- Assess vendors and develop strategies for new hardware, software and online solutions
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues; work with third-party tech support to diagnose and problem solve errors and other malfunctions/failures
- Document processes, protocols and best practices for all NYIC technology, systems, databases and online tools
- Manage other projects, as needed, related to facilities and operations.
- High-level skills in developing and administering Salesforce, Asana, and related platforms (ex. Formassembly, Click & Pledge, Mailchimp)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in databases, technology and systems
- Experience leading and managing Technology projects and rolling out new systems and tools
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telephone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a nonprofit advocacy or social service organization preferred
- Patience and a sense of humor preferred
Salary Range: $65,000 to $70,000
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid sick time, unlimited vacation leave, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails must have “Senior Manager of Technology and Systems” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.