Training Registration & Policies:
Who can attend trainings by the Immigrant Concerns Training Institute?
The information that follows applies specifically to legal trainings. Eligibility for non-legal trainings is on a training-by-training basis, and will be explained in all posted registration materials.
ICTI’s immigration legal trainings are open to the following:
- Staff and volunteers of NYIC members
- Staff and volunteers of New York-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
- Private attorneys based in New York State
- Government attorneys based in New York State
How do I register for trainings?
Registration for upcoming trainings can be accessed through the Immigrant Concerns Training Institute training calendar. After you complete the online registration form, you must email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of employment: If you wish to register to attend a training on behalf of your employer, you must submit a letter on agency letterhead or originating from an agency supervisor email account verifying that you are an employee or volunteer of the agency and that you are authorized to attend the training(s). This letter must be signed by the agency’s office manager, director, or managing attorney. If you are a private attorney, you must send your attorney registration number.
- Proof of Federal Tax-Exempt Status: 501(c)(3) organizations submitting registration forms on behalf of staff to attend trainings must submit a copy of their IRS 501(c)(3) letter, if it is not already on file with the NYIC.
- Attestation Concerning the Practice of Law: If you are not an attorney or a DOJ accredited representative, you must submit the NYIC’s attestation form, signed by your supervisor. The purpose of this form is to ensure that attendees and their employers understand what constitutes the “practice of law” and to verify that attendees of ICTI Trainings are not engaging in the unauthorized practice of law and will not do so in the future.
Your registration is not complete until both the online registration form and the additional documentation are submitted. You will receive a confirmation email upon completing the registration process.
The NYIC will not knowingly accept registration to attend immigration legal trainings from any person who provides legal representation without authorization pursuant to 8 CFR Part 292, such as “immigration consultants” and “notarios.”
If you have questions about training registration, please email email@example.com.
Can I register after the registration deadline has passed?
The NYIC maintains the right to refuse late registrants.
How do I access the training materials?
The NYIC will email training materials at least one day in advance of the training to participants registered for both the in-person and webinar trainings. If training participants want a hard copy of the training materials, they must print their own materials. The NYIC does not provide printed materials at the training.
Where do the trainings take place?
Unless otherwise noted, in-person trainings are held at the New York Immigration Coalition’s midtown Manhattan office:
131 West 33rd Street, Suite 610 New York, NY 10001
Please arrive 15 minutes before the training begins.
For those participating remotely, webinar conference information and instructions will be emailed to you prior to the training. You will want to ensure you are able to connect to both the screen and audio of the web conference.
Can I cancel my registration?
Registration fees are refundable until 24 hours before the training. A processing fee will apply to all refunds. Registration fees cannot be refunded for day-of absences or cancellations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for cancellations or refunds.
What if I can’t afford a training?
If you or your organization are unable to cover the full cost of a training, the New York Immigration Coalition may be able to offer a fee reduction or waiver. Please email email@example.com for a copy of our financial aid policy and fee reduction/waiver request form.
What if I have other questions?
For any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.