Volunteer with the NYIC!
NYIC volunteers currently support the following types of activities:
- legal screenings and consultations;
- language access (e.g., interpretation, translation);
- event logistics (e.g., registration, ushering);
- communications (e.g., graphic design, social media);
- organizing (e.g., marshalling, chant leading);
- and general office support (e.g., preparing materials, data entry).
People interested in volunteering with the NYIC must:
- be 18 years of age;
- fill out a NYIC Volunteer Form;
- and attend a NYIC volunteer orientation (this will be scheduled for you after you submit your NYIC Volunteer Form).
Please note that the NYIC has currently met its general volunteer needs and has temporarily closed the NYIC Volunteer Form. For the immediate future, the NYIC will only be accepting new volunteers who are immigration attorneys and BIA accredited individuals. If you are an immigration attorney or a BIA accredited individual and wish to volunteer with the NYIC, please email [email protected] for further instructions.