Overview of the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for 200+ groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Manager of Development, Individuals and Events will focus on the NYIC’s individual donor program, major donor strategy, and fundraising events, including the NYIC’s annual gala. With supervision from the Senior Director of Development, the Manager of Development will work to provide strategic direction, develop strong relationships with major donors, and maintain a portfolio of major individual donors. Additionally, the Manager will provide strategic direction and execute various fundraising events throughout the year to meet ambitious fundraising goals.
- Provide strategic direction for individual and events portfolios, and create a comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy for donors and prospects;
- Maintain a donor portfolio and support the management of portfolios assigned to the Senior Director of Development, Vice President of Development and the Executive Director;
- Cultivate relationships with existing and prospective individual donors;
- Provide support to NYIC leadership with donor solicitation and stewardship;
- Strategize and implement fundraising events ranging from small donor cultivation event to an annual gala;
- Manage the production of materials for donor outreach such as: annual appeals letters, the NYIC’s annual report, and one-pagers around specific projects and actions;
- Ensure platforms such as Salesforce, MailChimp, and ActBlue are optimized for the NYIC’s specific use case, and that we are providing useful and accurate reports and projections for Finance, Board, and executive leadership;
- Oversee individual giving acknowledgements, and ensure all donor communications are timely, up to date, and on-message, including online donation and event pages, auto-receipts, and web copy;
- Manage the development database to ensure accurate and up-to-date donor information;
- Manage, refine and upkeep systems to support the overall fundraising goals of the team;
- Potential to oversee the work of an Associate of Individual Giving & Events;
- Perform similar duties for NYIC Action, including but not limited to: strategy, donor engagement, events and project management of the c4 Asana;
- Support additional Development tasks as necessary.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience. Experience with donor relations is a requirement; nonprofit financial management / budgeting experience is a plus;
- Proven record of success with fundraising through major gifts and donor cultivation;
- Experience with database management is required; experience with Salesforce a plus;
- Knowledge of issues facing immigrants in New York is an advantage, as is familiarity with funders that support immigrant issues;
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as oral and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Good team player, comfortable taking initiative, and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances;
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, or another language is an asset;
- Experience managing staff, fellows, or interns is an advantage;
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and juggle multiple tasks while meeting simultaneous deadlines.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $66,625
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, unlimited vacation leave, paid sick time, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line: Manager of Development, Individuals and Events.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.