This position is part of the NYIC VISTA program, which is run by the New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) and places AmeriCorps VISTAs – referred to as NYIC VISTAs – at nonprofit organizations throughout New York state where they build organizational capacity through communications, fundraising, program development/outreach and/or volunteer management projects.
TERM OF SERVICE
- July 18, 2022 - July 17, 2023 (rolling basis)
- Full-time; 12 month service
During their year of service, NYIC VISTAs are supported with the following benefits:
- living allowance (a $15,002 - $24,119 stipend depending on the county that the position is based out of)
- choice of healthcare allowance ($8,550) or a health plan
- choice of a year-end education award ($6,495) or cash stipend ($1,803)
- eligibility for benefits such as:
- relocation allowance
- settling-in allowance (up to $750)
- child care support
- Trainings on core skills/knowledge areas (e.g., leadership, social justice), NYIC VISTA focus areas (e.g., volunteer management, communications, fundraising) and immigration issues and their intersections with poverty issues
- an AmeriCorps VISTA Virtual Member Orientation (VMO) facilitated by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS)
- weekly NYIC VISTA webinars
- ongoing check-ins, guidance and support from the NYIC
- group national days of service activities
- networking and celebration activities/events
In order to be eligible for an NYIC VISTA position, one must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident, or have Refugee status, Asylum, Temporary Protected Status (TPS) or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
OPEN NYIC VISTA POSITIONS
There are 30 open NYIC VISTA positions that are scheduled to begin on July 18th, 2022 (rolling basis).
To learn more about the open positions, please visit our listing page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a NYIC VISTA position, please follow the following steps:
- Create a MyAmeriCorps account at https://my.americorps.gov
- Sign into your MyAmeriCorps account
- Go to the MyAmeriCorps page for any NYIC VISTA position that you want to apply for. To find the position's MyAmeriCorps page, either click on the position's hyperlinked title on this page or run a search for the position using the MyAmeriCorps website's search engine (write "NYIC" in the Program field)
- Once you are on the position's MyAmeriCorps page, click on the "Apply Now" button
If you have questions about the NYIC VISTA program, please contact email@example.com and include the term "NYIC VISTA" in the subject line. Please do not call.