The Immigrant Advocates Response Collaborative (Immigrant ARC) is made up of over eighty non-profit organizations providing or supporting legal services to New York’s immigrant communities.
I-ARC Mission Statement
Network New York State
Share resources & best practices
Challenge anti-immigrant policies
The collaborative currently includes the following working groups: Advocacy Working Group, Upstate Working Group (for members working with the Buffalo DHS offices and immigration court), Law School Working Group, Resiliency Working Group. In addition, the collaborative will create ad-hoc working groups to respond to specific issues.
The collaborative is led by a Steering Committee that was voted on by members and makes decisions on the work and direction of the collaborative, represent legal service providers at various meetings with elected officials, government agencies, and other partners, and assumes leadership in getting collaborative projects completed. The Steering Committee is comprised of:
- Albany Law School Immigration Clinic American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Association of Pro Bono Counsel
- Central American Refugee Center
- Immigrant Justice Corps.
- Legal Services - NYC
- New York Immigration Coalition
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (NY Chapter)
- Catholic Charities Community Services
- Immigrant Defense Project
- The Legal Aid Society
- Neighbors Link
- University of Buffalo School of Law - Immigrant Clinic