The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) Member Congress, January 22 - 23, 2019, will bring NYIC Member and partner organizations together from all over New York State to continue to build and implement a statewide collaborative-based strategy to support immigrant and refugee communities. During the event, we will be taking a deep dive into priority issues, policy solutions, advocacy strategies, and power building, and will leave the Congress stronger as a coalition.
- Day 1: January 22 @ noon - 6:30pm
A strategy-building day for NYIC Member and partner organizations. An optional reception will follow afterwards.
- Day 2: January 23 @ 9am - 4:30pm
Will feature opportunities to participate in lobbying visits to State legislators, in addition to various professional development/networking sessions.
WHO CAN COME
Representatives from NYIC Member and partner organizations can attend the Member Congress.
- All NYIC Member and partner organizations can send at least 2 representatives to Day 1 of the Congress (if space allows, more might be possible).
- Member and partner organizations are encouraged to bring as many representatives as desired for Day 2.
- The Member Congress is not open to individuals who are not affiliated with NYIC Member and partner organizations. If you are such an individual, please visit www.nyic.org to learn about different ways that you can get involved in the NYIC’s work.
Please click here to view Member Congress ticket rates and make purchases.
- NYIC Member organizations can enjoy a discounted rate to the Member Congress, as long as their membership is active during the dates of the Congress.
If your organization is not a current NYIC Member or has membership that is expiring prior to the Congress, you can apply for or renew your organization's Membership here.
- Organizations that renew their membership prior to their current membership period expiring can enjoy a 10% discount on the renewal fee. For questions about your organization's membership status, please contact [email protected].
- The deadline to purchase tickets is December 14.
Limited financial support is available to Members organizations who have financial constraints that would challenge them in attending the Member Congress. Member organizations with budgets under $250k can apply for a scholarship that would cover the cost of a hotel room for January 22. Scholarship requests are due by December 1. Please click here to request a scholarship.
Contact [email protected]