Overview of the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
Reporting to the Director of Immigrant Services Support, the Fellow will manage a large service coordination project focused on the Ukrainian population in New York City. This will include event planning and logistics, subcontract management, and service coordination. The Fellow will plan and execute regular in-person and online service events in close partnership with other organizations and grantees to ensure that logistics run smoothly. In addition, the Fellow will coordinate client referrals between partner organizations and grantees where appropriate. Finally, the Fellow will manage subcontracts to ensure that grantees are on track to achieve deliverables and able to effectively collaborate with one another. This is a grant-funded position that will run through the end of June, 2023.
- Support logistical needs of regular legal clinics and other immigrant service events, including advance planning, staffing events, and troubleshooting to address any challenges that may occur.
- Provide backend and technical support for virtual events, including remote legal clinics.
- Coordinate with partners including staff of NYIC member organizations, foreign consulates, legal service providers, financial literacy educators, and social service providers to facilitate their participation in events.
- Work closely with staff in other NYIC programs on community outreach to publicize events and coordinate volunteer management.
- Maintain detailed reports and data on events, including numbers of individuals served, while following strict protocols for any personally identifying information.
- Prepare materials for partner organizations and for community members.
- Communicate with grantees, ensure regular reporting is completed for all subcontracts, and monitor progress towards contract goals.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in community-focused events or outreach.
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, and manage multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Meticulous organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with high-level accuracy and attention.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances.
- Knowledge of and commitment to social justice and immigrant justice.
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 40lbs.
- This position will be required to work some weekends and evenings as necessary. Additionally, there may be regular local travel within New York City to all five (5) boroughs.
- Language fluency in Ukrainian or Russian is a very strong plus.
Salary Range: $60,000 to $65,000
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid sick time, unlimited vacation leave, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All emails must have “Service Coordination Fellow” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.