About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The NYIC Senior Executive Associate will be a key part of the NYIC’s executive affairs team. The Senior Executive Associate will primarily assist the Executive Director with administrative tasks including: scheduling; responding to external inquiries including phone calls and emails; maintaining contacts and facilitating communication between the ED and staff, board and key constituents. The Senior Executive Associate will also support work of the Executive Vice President and play a key role in supporting organizational activities with the NYIC’s Board of Directors and various Board Committees. The Senior Executive Associate will also support the activities of the NYIC’s Executive Leadership team as a whole.
- Provide the Executive Director with administrative support; including but not limited to managing a complex calendar, preparing correspondence and communications, and supporting with social media presence. Provide limited administrative and scheduling support for other team members, as needed.
- Fill out Executive Director’s lobby forms, expense reimbursement requests, time sheets, and other forms as needed
- Play key supportive role on Board-related matters such as creating Board meeting agendas, prepare logistics for Board meetings; record draft minutes for Board meetings
- Work to contribute to and/or lead logistical preparations for other organization-wide events such as staff retreats, and work with other executive affairs team members to track projects and programs
- Support the Executive Leadership Team with weekly team meetings, providing detailed notes and supporting their use of task management tools
- Assist Executive Director with participation in various coalitions and boards
- Assist with NYIC projects as needed, attend all major NYIC events, and participate on an event committee and an organizational development committee
- Support additional administrative and organizational tasks as necessary
- Support collaborative work between the NYIC and partner agencies, specifically the New York State Immigrant Action Fund.
- At least two (2) to three (3) years of professional experience, including a year of experience supporting executive leadership and/or board governance and coordinating competing priorities.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities and strategize in rapidly changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Strong communication skill, experience in communications or managing social media is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse populations and interacting with elected officials, funders, or other high level contacts is preferred.
Interest in and/or knowledge of the NYIC, its members, or issues affecting immigrants in New York is an advantage.
- Language skills in Spanish, Chinese, Creole, Arabic, Russian, or other language(s) spoken in New York State is an advantage.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, to [email protected] All emails must have “Senior Executive Associate" in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday, August 16, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. No phone calls or emails will be accepted for this position.