About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Director of Development will lead and supervise the NYIC’s highly effective Development Team to execute a strategy to sustain and grow fundraising revenues from foundations, corporations, individuals, and events. Through strategic thinking and innovative approaches, the Director will also work with senior leadership to ensure revenues are being diversified. The Director will develop and maintain strong relationships with foundations and major individual donors. Additionally, the Director will have experience with event management of all sizes.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, the NYIC Board of Directors especially the Development Committee, and NYIC’s senior leadership team to ensure successful fundraising and strategic growth of NYIC funding portfolio
- Create and execute a strategy to increase the NYIC’s fundraising profile, to fit with our goals and priorities
- Oversee all fundraising events, grant writing, major donor cultivation, prospect identification and research, donor engagement, government grants and contracts, corporate partnerships, and manage a diverse and ambitious portfolio of grant opportunities
- Supervise growing Development team of four people, manage performance, offer coaching, guide professional development, and provide key feedback
- Work closely across all departments to accomplish development goals, and create an environment of clear communication between relevant parties to ensure all NYIC staff members are aware of funding being sought and secured
- Oversee foundation and donor records, tracking and database, utilizing data to make decisions and develop strategy
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure monies are being received, processed, and tracked within the NYIC’s accounts
- Represent the NYIC in the place of the Executive Director and VP of Development and Communications to major stakeholders and potential funders when necessary
- Perform similar functions for affiliated organizations, including our 501(c)4 political arm NYIC Action
- Five to seven years of experience and strong track record of success in fundraising, donor cultivation, and organizational development;
- Experience with donor campaigns, major gift solicitation, events, online fundraising, annual appeals, and creating a strategic plan for development highly desired
- Experience with supervision, professional development, and coaching
- Knowledge of and background in immigration issues at national, state, and local levels is an advantage
- Experience working with board members to enhance and leverage fundraising activities
- Experience using Salesforce and Asana preferred
- Creative, energetic, and well organized
- Excellent written, interpersonal, oral communications skills
Salary Range: $95,000
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, unlimited vacation leave, paid sick time, commuter benefits, and a comprehensive retirement plan.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and 2 writing samples to email@example.com. All emails must have “Senior Director of Development” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.