About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Senior Development Associate, Individual Giving and Events will work across the Development team to refine and grow our individual giving and donor relations strategy. This role will also lead on the Development Communications calendar and help to create collateral with a focus on renewing and increasing existing supporters as well as converting new prospects. Additionally, the Senior Development Associate, Individual Giving and Events will support on the planning and execution of various fundraising events throughout the year, and will also facilitate Development Operations such as email and donation platforms, and tracking and analysis of revenue.
- Help create and implement individual giving strategies, timelines, and copy, including for annual fund, #GivingTuesday, workplace/matching, and third party/P2P campaigns. Develop appropriate list segments for each fundraising campaign and cultivation piece.
- Build out giving programs such as recurring, membership, and a young professionals circle, ensuring coordination with the Development Manager, Individual Giving and Events’ major donor strategies.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and prospective individual donors and family foundations, help manage donor pipelines for the NYIC’s leadership.
- Help in strategizing and implementing fundraising events ranging from donor cultivation events to the annual gala.
- Ensure platforms such as Salesforce, MailChimp, and Click & Pledge are optimized for the NYIC’s specific use case, and that we are providing useful and accurate reports and projections for Finance, Board, and executive leadership.
- Ensure acknowledgements and all donor communications are timely, up to date, and on-message, including online donation and event pages, auto-receipts, and web copy.
- Support additional Development tasks as necessary.
- 3 - 4 years professional experience, ideally in donor relations in a fast-paced non-profit organization, a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, a must. Experience with relationship building preferred. Must also be a team player and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances.
- Ability to manage a large volume of information while maintaining attention to detail and understanding of how pieces fit together, a must.
- Strong organizational skills including superior attention to detail, outstanding time management, and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver before or at deadline. Ability to be flexible, work independently, and take initiative, a must.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with high-level accuracy.
- Experience with CRM database systems, including Salesforce and complex spreadsheets, a plus.
- Knowledge of and commitment to social justice and / or immigration, a plus.
Salary Range: $55,000
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid sick time, unlimited vacation leave, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails must have “Senior Development Associate, Individual Giving and Events” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.