About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The NYIC Senior Associate, Research and Policy will work closely with the Vice President of Policy to provide support on in policy analysis and in depth policy research. Through their work, the Senior Associate will provide critical background and provide drafts that will ultimately become larger, robust policy reports. Additionally, they will support various NYIC campaigns and provide policy analysis to support the success of the campaigns.
- Support the staff of the NYIC’s Policy Department - mainly in the areas of education, health, and immigration policy Teams, under the supervision of the Vice President of Policy.
- Assist campaigns with research and logistics support - mainly the NYIC’s campaigns iVote, a campaign to support municipal resident voting; and New York Counts 2020, a campaign aim to combat tactics made to suppress immigrant participation.
- Support NYIC's working group on immigrant integration and adult education
- Provide policy and advocacy-related research and provide critical resources for planning the NYIC’s 2019 Policy Agenda
- Strong interest in immigrant rights and experience working in policy and research with a minimum of one year working experience is strongly desired
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player and problem solver with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work effectively with community partners
- Ability to speak additional languages is an asset.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line: Senior Associate, Research and Policy. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; early applications are encouraged.