About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
NYIC is recruiting an individual to handle grants management. The position will involve coordinating management of all government contracts and foundation grants. For government contracts, responsibilities will include coordinating with contracting agencies to prepare contract documents and reports that follow detailed instructions. The individual will also liaise with NYIC program and finance staff to make sure there is clear internal communication around deliverables and reporting requirements for both government and foundation grants. This position requires an understanding of the big picture as well as very strong attention to detail, as at any given time the NYIC may have several dozen grants and contracts supporting different aspects of its work relating to advocacy, policy, capacity-building, and/or membership and spanning substantive issues. The ideal candidate will enjoy developing and implementing systems and be detail oriented. They will also have some professional experience in a fast-paced nonprofit, have good interpersonal communication skills, be comfortable with spreadsheets, and have some knowledge of or commitment to the work of NYIC.
- Prepare contract and grant applications, including compiling materials from program and finance staff and outside vendors and reviewing them to ensure they meet funder requirements.
- Work with senior leadership to develop a system to keep development, finance, and program staff informed about grants and grant requirements.
- Onboard colleagues to new grants management system.
- Liaise with NYIC staff members to ensure all have up to date knowledge about existing funding and reporting requirements.
- Maintain grants management system.
- Compile data for proposals and reports.
- Assist with other development tasks as needed.
- 2-3 years professional experience in a fast-paced nonprofit organization, ideally an advocacy organization or one dealing with immigration.
- Detailed-oriented, highly organized person who loves systems.
- Comfortable with complex spreadsheets and database tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to support rapid-response work and ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and/or commitment to the NYIC’s mission.
- Proficiency in a language other than English is an advantage but not necessary.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line: Senior Associate for Grants Management
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.