About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The NYIC Research and Policy Associate will work closely with the Vice President of Policy to provide support on in policy analysis and research. Through their work, the Associate will provide critical background and provide drafts that will ultimately become larger, robust policy reports. Additionally, they will support various NYIC campaigns and provide policy analysis to support the success of the campaigns. The Associate will also support the administrative needs of the advocacy department, providing light scheduling and ensuring the programs have all materials necessary to execute its goals.
- Support the staff of the NYIC’s Policy Department and its campaigns through analysis, research, and logistics support, under the supervision of the Vice President of Policy.
- Provide policy and advocacy-related research and provide critical resources for planning the NYIC’s Policy Agenda
- Provide administrative support for the Policy Department, including document preparation, scheduling meetings, managing AV technology, and supporting senior staff with logistical planning and expense reporting.
- Provide support to the NYIC’s administration team, liaising between Policy and Admin Departments to ensure seamless collaborations
- Strong interest in immigrant rights and experience working in policy and research with a minimum of one year of related experience is strongly desired
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player and problem solver with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work effectively with community partners
- Ability to speak additional languages is an asset.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line: Research and Policy Associate. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; early applications are encouraged.