About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Operations Associate will support ongoing operations for the NYIC as well as logistics for the organization’s office management and assist in producing events that require full-organizational support. The Associate will provide Information Technology (IT) support for our growing staff and assist the administrative team of the New York Immigration Coalition to ensure the office is in working order. Additionally, the Associate will ensure that NYIC staff follow internal procedures and will field requests from staff members as they require assistance.
- Provide office management support by tracking and reaching out to vendors, supporting requests for assistance with internal meetings and events, (including rallies, town halls, demonstrations, and other organizational events) ensuring staff are fully outfitted with what they needAssist with organizing a wide variety of events (including rallies, town halls, demonstrations, and other organizational events) by supporting logistics, budget tracking, materials, supplies, and other preparations leading up to and during events
- Support NYIC staff IT needs in using IT, maintain equipment as necessary, provide training and support to staff, and troubleshoot staff issues as necessary
- Manage the organization’s machines and equipment including PCs, copiers, and other large equipment to ensure staff productivity. Provide support to staff in utilizing equipment
- Ensure the office is in working order by ordering supplies, maintaining storage areas, and troubleshooting staff requests
- Assist in managing, maintenance and set up of video conferencing equipment, support connection and equipment and audio visual technology needs of the organization
- Serve as the point of contact for day to day requests to third party vendors including printers, suppliers, and contractors
- Assist with additional duties as necessary
- At least 1-2 year of relevant experience, office experience in a fast paced non profit preferred and experience handling sensitive information with discretion is an advantage
- Experience with managing A/V, server infrastructures, G-Suite, and other standard office IT. Familiarity with emerging technologies and ability to adapt as technologies evolve
- Experience in community organizing and/or event management is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Commitment to social justice; an interest in immigration and immigrant rights work is desired
- Working knowledge of another language a plus
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to [email protected]. All emails must have “Operations Associate” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.