About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Operations Associate will play a key role in maintaining the day-to-day operations of our Manhattan office by coordinating facilities matters, managing vendor and partner relationships, and executing general operational and administrative tasks. The Associate will provide support on all aspects of operations, events, and facilities management including getting quotes, completing paperwork, and making purchases. The Associate will also provide limited support for four small satellite offices throughout New York State. In addition, the Associate will provide administrative support for large events the NYIC organizes, including convenings, rallies, and mobilizations.
- Provide support to ensure NYIC offices are in good working order, including coordinating with external vendors, landlords, and staff, including limited remote support for regional offices.
- Support NYIC basic office IT needs to ensure staff productivity, including basic issues with PCs, copy machines, and other large equipment.Maintain and operate video conferencing and audio visual technology equipment based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, manage storage areas, and manage staff requests for supplies and materials to ensure staff are fully outfitted with what they need.
- Serve as the point of contact for day to day requests for third party vendors, including printer companies, office material suppliers, and contractors.
- Assist with organizing a wide variety of events (including rallies, town halls, demonstrations, and other organizational events) by supporting logistics, budget tracking, materials, supplies, and other preparations leading up to and during events.
- Assist with additional duties as necessary
- 1-2 years of professional experience, including office management experience and comfort with A/V technology, G-Suite, and other standard office IT, a must. Experience with Salesforce is an asset.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and ability to adapt as technologies evolve, preferred.
- Event management experience, preferred.
- Experience working with external vendors and contractors, preferred.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with high-level accuracy.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and strong communication skills.
- Must be a team player and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances.
- Knowledge of and commitment to social justice and immigrant justice, a plus.
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, to [email protected] All emails must have “Operations Associate” in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday, August 16, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. No phone calls or emails will be accepted for this position.