About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Manager of Membership & Capacity Building will manage the administration of NYIC membership for nonprofit organizations; manage financial regrants for NYIC Member organizations; support general Member-focused capacity-building and/or networking programs/activities; and provide general support and customer service to Members.
- Manage the administration of NYIC nonprofit membership, including but not limited to the recruitment of new organizations to the NYIC’s membership, the processes around reviewing/approving new Members, Member renewals, collecting membership dues, managing and updating membership data on Salesforce, and supporting the facilitation of Member orientations.
- Manage the administration of financial regrants for NYIC Member organizations including but not limited to supporting the development of requests for proposals (RFP) and memorandums of understanding (MOU), collecting documents from regrantees, coordinating RFP info sessions and orientations, collecting reports from regrantees, and evaluating regrantee performance.
- Provide general support and customer service to all NYIC Member organizations, and support Members and different NYIC program teams in connecting to each other.
- Support general Member support and capacity-building building programs/activities which may include helping to develop and facilitate Member Briefing webinars, capacity-building resources, leadership development trainings/activities, and building/managing a portal/intranet for Members.
- Support the development and execution of Member needs assessments.
- Provide Member data to the NYIC’s development team in support of grant applications and reports.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience liaising/managing/supporting organizational chapters, members and/or partners,
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience with grant management,
- Knowledge of and commitment to immigrant and social justice, an understanding of challenges facing New York State’s diverse immigrant communities.
- Experience collaborating with multiple, diverse partners; experience working with broad based coalitions is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong writing skills, and comfort with meeting and training facilitation.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks.
- Fluency in a second language and experience with software like Salesforce, HelloSign, Form Assembly, and MailChimp are strong pluses.
Salary Range: $65,000
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid sick time, unlimited vacation leave, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Manager of Membership and Capacity Building. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.