About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Manager of Internal Engagement & Communications is a new position, created to provide critical support to the Chief of Staff and the NYIC’s senior leadership team to manage organizational projects and campaigns for the NYIC and the NYS Immigrant Action Fund, the NYIC’s affiliated 501(c)(4) organization. The Manager will play a key role in moving and executing inter-departmental campaigns and projects, ensuring proper communication and clear role division across teams, and developing and maintaining organizational systems for goal-setting activities, task and project management.
- Works with the Chief of Staff and NYIC senior leadership team to coordinate, plan and execute key organizational activities and adherence to strategic plan priorities
- Works with the Chief of Staff in key role to ensure strong internal, cross-team collaboration, communication and execution
- Helps plan, implement and maintain new system of meeting structures, internal communication, and cross-team task and project management
- Facilitates in general the relationship with the NYIC’s affiliate organization, the New York State Immigrant Action Fund (NYSIAF) -- including responsibilities similar to all those listed above, as well as bookkeeping and supporting regulatory compliance such as tracking and reporting lobbying and expenditures
- Supports senior leadership’s efforts to enhance governance of NYSIAF by helping to plan agendas for NYSIAF Board meetings, developing materials for Board review, and support Board members in their engagement with NYSIAF.
- Works with the Chief of Staff to ensure successful that organizational, program, team and individual goal-setting are done correctly and that goals are tracked properly and reviewed annually.
- Supports the Development team by ensuring proper communication with program, administrative, finance and communications teams around goals, deliverables and expectations
- Ensures proper debriefs and analysis occur and that “lessons learned” and best practices are implemented
- Supports resolving inter-departmental issues and ensuring solutions-oriented approach.
- At least 3 years of management experience with work done in a social justice setting an asset
- Strong management skills and a commitment to goal-oriented approaches and to clarity in roles
- Deep understanding of effective and efficient systems and internal structures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact successfully with diverse personalities and workstyles
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across teams
- Action-oriented person with ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Understanding of policy issues affecting immigrants and commitment to immigration as an important social justice issue
- Proficiency in Spanish or another language is strongly preferred.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line: Manager of Internal Engagement & Communications.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.