About the NYIC
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Manager of Immigrant Service Events will plan and execute events designed to provide services to immigrant community members, in close partnership with NYIC member organizations. The Manager will lead our Key to the City events, a city council-funded initiative created to bring services and trainings to communities across all five boroughs, and work closely with partner agencies to provide a full-fleet of services (legal screenings, Know Your Rights training, financial empowerment education) and bring consulates to provide identification and services to their communities. Additionally, the Manager will provide support and leadership on other immigrant-serving events as needed, including collaborative legal clinics and rapid response events.
- Organize monthly Key to the City events in public schools, bringing consular services, legal clinics, financial literacy education, and wraparound services to underserved populations throughout New York City.
- Develop and implement program work to support immigrant entrepreneurship and financial literacy
- Support legal clinics for underserved communities, including helping to plan clinics, connecting organizers to NYIC outreach or volunteer management staff, staffing tables, inviting members providing wrap-around services to table, providing materials, etc.
- Lead and/or support rapid response events in collaboration with NYIC members and partners as needed.
- Build community needs assessment and outreach models to ensure that services are reaching a diverse array of immigrant communities
- Manage project implementation including scope, fulfillment of grant deliverables, and project budgets
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with diverse consulates, service providers, funders, elected officials, and strategic partners and allies throughout New York State
- Engage NYIC member organizations and other partners in large community outreach events
- Supervise program associate, manage performance, guide professional development, and provide key feedback.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally providing services or outreach to immigrant communities and with experience planning community-serving events
- Experience working with and understanding of the challenges faced by immigrant-serving and immigrant-led organizations
- Experience supervising staff or interns is preferred
- Fluency in a second language is highly encouraged
- Experience in health access, financial literacy, or with small businesses is an asset
- Highly organized and strong interpersonal skills
- Good team player, comfortable taking initiative, and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances
- Passion for immigrant services and social justice
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks.
Please send cover letter explaining why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate, resume, and a brief writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line: Manager of Immigrant Serving Events. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; early applications are strongly encouraged.