About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Manager of Development will work to provide strategic direction on donor relations while developing strong relationships with major donors. They will provide strategic direction and execute various fundraising events throughout the year to meet ambitious fundraising goals. They will also take the lead on various events throughout the year, inclusive of NYIC’s annual gala. Additionally, the manager will also manage the NYIC’s Young Professional Leadership Council, a junior board that focuses on raising funds and awareness amongst their peers.
- Supervise the Development Associate, Development AmeriCorps VISTA, volunteers and various project teams.
- Provide strategic direction for individual and event portfolios.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and prospective individual donors, manage communication between the NYIC’s leadership and major donors
- Manage event planning, including; identifying partnerships, supporting logistics, outreach and follow-up.
- Manage the production of materials for donor outreach such as: annual appeals letters, the NYIC’s Annual Report, and one-pagers around specific projects and actions
- Support the NYIC’s Young Professional Leadership Council.
- Strategize and implement fundraising events ranging from small donor cultivation events to an the agencies annual gala.
- Support additional Development tasks as necessary.
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience with donor relations.
- A Proven record of success with fundraising through major gifts and donor cultivation.
- Supervisory experience of individuals and teams, a must.
- Nonprofit financial management / budgeting experience, a plus.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Meticulous organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with high-level accuracy.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and strong communication skills.
- Must be a team player and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances.
- Knowledge of and commitment to social justice and immigrant justice, a plus.
Salary Range: $60,000+
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid time off, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, to [email protected]. All emails must have “Manager of Development, Individuals and Events” in the subject line.
Deadline: May 10, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. No phone calls or emails will be accepted for this position.