About the NYIC
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Manager of Development, Individuals and Events will focus on the NYIC’s individual donor program, major donor strategy, and fundraising events, including the NYIC’s Annual Awards Gala. With supervision from the Director of Development, the Manager of Development will work to develop strong relationships with major donors, maintain a portfolio of major individual donors, and manage the NYIC’s Young Professional Leadership Council, a junior board that focuses on raising funds and awareness amongst their peers.Additionally, the Manager will execute various fundraising events throughout the year to meet ambitious fundraising goals. Events will vary from donor cultivation events to the NYIC’s Annual Awards Gala.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and prospective individual donors, manage communication between the NYIC’s leadership and major donors
- Manage event planning, including; identifying partnerships, supporting logistics, outreach and follow-up
- Manage the production of materials for donor outreach such as: annual appeals letters, the NYIC’s Annual Report, and one-pagers around specific projects and actions
- Support the NYIC’s Young Professional Leadership Council Strategize and implement fundraising events ranging from small donor cultivation event to an annual gala
- Oversee the work of the Development Associate and Development AmeriCorps VISTA
- Support additional Development tasks as necessary
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience. Experience with major gifts is a requirement; nonprofit financial management budgeting experience is a strong asset
- Experience working with fundraising events - specifically gala relevant event management experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of issues facing immigrants in New York is an advantage, as is familiarity with funders that support immigrant issues
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good team player, comfortable taking initiative, and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances
- Experience managing staff, fellows, or interns is an advantage
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and juggle multiple tasks while meeting simultaneous deadlines
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, or another language is an asset
To Apply: Please send cover letter explaining why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate, resume, and a brief writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line: Manager of Development, Individuals and Events. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; early applications are encouraged.