Overview of the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
This interim position will cover the Vice President of Development & Communications position on a part-time basis to supervise the NYIC’s high performing Development and Communications teams and help advance achievement of our goals.
Reports to: President & CEO
- Supervise three senior staff responsible for institutional giving, individual giving & events, and communications
- Provide supervisory support for development and communications efforts as necessary
- Meet regularly with the President & CEO to keep him apprised of progress and issues, and to support his efforts on development and communications; engage other members of the executive leadership team as needed
- Support rapid response needs as appropriate
- At least 5-7 years of relevant supervisory and executive experience
- Experience with fundraising and communications work in a fast-paced nonprofit is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of immigration issues at a national, state, and local level is an advantage
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line: Interim Parental Leave Coverage - NYIC Development & Communications.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to begin in mid-January.