About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
Overview of the Role
The NYIC is looking to secure a firm or consultant to manage the Annual NYIC Gala and Fundraiser. The Gala brings together members, allies, and supporters to celebrate the organization's achievements and to deepen our relationships with allies and supporters.
The firm or consultant will be tasked with the execution of the NYIC's Gala and fundraising efforts associated with the event. They will manage the event timeline and ensure the NYIC stays on task and supports achieving its objectives. The project will be managed in its entirety with the Development Director, Executive Director, and a Development Associate.
Develop a timeline and overall strategy, defining roles and responsibilities and supporting NYIC staff, Board of Directors, and co-chairs and honorees with fundraising
Assist in identifying and securing honorees and speakers as needed
Create and monitor event budget
Track all income and expenses
Track event RSVPs and sponsorships
Event Marketing and Communications:
• Develop and implement a marketing plan, including event alerts, media outreach, videos, photography
• Work with staff in creating and executing a communications plan
• Design and ensure timely execution of event collateral, including, logo/branding, invitations, letters, tickets, pledge forms, press kits, press materials, signage, advertising materials, slideshow, program, etc.
• Develop a strategy to sell sponsorships and tickets
• Create sponsorship levels and benefits and ensure fulfillment
• Manage solicitations list and oversee solicitation letters process for individual and corporate sponsorship and host committee
• Provide phone and email follow-up, invitation packets, and other resources to co-chairs, host committee, Board, and key staff
• Help identify venue and serve as a liaison in negotiating contract and coordinating services and event logistics as needed, including catering, rentals, audio-visual and staging, entertainment, seating plans, transportation, décor, presentations, management of VIP guests, emcee, volunteers & staffing
• Create plan for real-time fundraising and draft script for the live ask
• Prepare post-event budget and debrief report with major donor cultivation and other recommendations
• Participate in post-event debrief meeting
• Draft thank you letter template
Day of Event:
• Work with staff to recruit event volunteers and create training program
• Oversee all event logistics and manage on-site supervision
• Coordinate on-site registration, guest list maintenance, and distribution of event materials
• Execute other necessary tasks as required to ensure the event’s success
• Meet regularly (weekly or as required) with NYIC’s Gala planning team
• Participate in Board of Directors and Board Development Committee meetings as needed to provide updates, advice, and direction and training
Please submit your proposal to [email protected] no later than February 28, 2019. Vendors of interested will be contacted to further discuss the proposal and timeline. A vendor will be chosen no later than March 8, 2018.