About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Development Administration Associate, under the supervision of the Director of Development, will help support critical departmental functions that will enable the team to optimize efficiency and grow revenue. This role offers a variety of responsibilities, as well as the opportunity to work collaboratively across departments to help Development renew existing support and bring in new sources of funding. The Development Administration Associate will assist on: donor services such as answering inquiries and sending acknowledgements; data tracking and reporting; researching prospective funders and major donors; events including an annual gala; and submitting reports and proposals for private foundations and government contracts.
The ideal candidate will have strong administrative skills, outstanding attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Draft and send acknowledgment letters, invoices, and any other administrative documentation for grant payments, as well as for gifts from individuals and family foundations.
- Interface with our finance team and secure final financial documents required for all submissions to foundation and government funders.
- Enter and update donor and funder information, communications history, and gifts and grant awards in Salesforce.
- Maintain detailed records and files (check scans, MOUs, award notifications) in Google drive; complete datasheet with grant information.
- Help to draft and prepare proposals, letters of inquiry, and final reports for submission, coordinating with team members. Ensure that all reporting deadlines are met by managing a dynamic and changing calendar, noting internal and external deadlines.
- Conduct research to identify new prospective funding sources, including foundations, family foundations, and individuals. Help create and send outreach messaging for prospects.
- Provide support for fundraising events including the NYIC’s annual gala, helping with logistics as well as outreach and communications to donors and corporate partners.
- Help to create all needed reports, such as campaign performance, giving segmentation, board give/get, and receivables (pledge) reports.
- Assist with other development tasks as needed.
- 2-3 years of professional experience with development and administration is a must
- Ability to be flexible, work independently, take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks under deadline or pressure, a must.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and effective materials for proposals, reports and funder outreach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral), a must. Must also be a team player and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with high-level accuracy.
- Experience with CRM database systems, including Salesforce and complex spreadsheets, a plus.
- Knowledge of and commitment to social justice and / or immigration, a plus.
Salary Range: $50,000
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, unlimited vacation leave, paid sick time, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and 2 writing samples to [email protected] All emails must have “Development Administration Associate” in the subject line.
Deadline: Open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. No phone calls or emails will be accepted for this position.