About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Civic Engagement, the Civic Engagement Fellow will help lead NYIC’s efforts to encourage new Americans to vote in the 2020 elections and beyond. This is a full-time grant funded position for one year, based in New York City. The position will focus on organizational outreach and program development and support. The Civic Engagement Fellow will work to increase voter registration and engagement efforts across New York City. The Civic Engagement Fellow will work closely with the Advocacy team at the NYIC to build member capacity in civic engagement initiatives as well as support community engagement events on civic participation.
- Support the Civic Engagement team in the NYIC’s Advocacy Department and its campaigns through analysis, research, and logistical coordination
- Assist in coordination of Voter Registration at Naturalization Ceremonies.
- Engage and inform immigrant voters on policies and rights in the run up to the 2020 Presidential Election.
- Participate in educational campaigns that help expand and improve voting rights for immigrants.
- Assist with voter-engagement trainings and other community engagement events.
- Provide direct support to member organizations on voter-focused outreach efforts and other civic engagement programs.
- Build new and expand on existing civic engagement programs with the NYIC’s membership.
- Help the NYIC outreach to organizations about civic engagement opportunities.
- Work closely with other NYIC staff to integrate civic engagement across programs and issue areas.
- At least 3 years of experience working in organizing and/or campaigns with a strong interest in immigrant rights.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative team player and problem solver with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse community partners.
- Ability to speak additional languages is an asset.
Salary Range: $58,500+
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid time off, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter to [email protected] All emails must have “Civic Engagement Fellow” in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday, November 15, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. No phone calls or emails will be accepted for this position.