Overview of the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Census Associate will work closely with Census 2020 Senior Fellow to provide full-time temporary support on NYIC and New York Counts 2020 efforts in outreach, education and Getting out the Count for the Census - starting as soon as possible and continuing until approximately May 2019. Through their work, the Associate will remain informed about national, state, and local Census activities from a programmatic and policy standpoint. The Associate will be responsible for the maintenance of the NY Counts 2020 website, social media accounts and email campaigns, as well as regularly updating presentations being given by NY Counts 2020 and NYIC staff members. The Associate will also support the administrative needs of the Census campaign, providing scheduling, project management support and ensuring that the Census campaign, and all the various programs within the NYIC, have all materials necessary to execute the Census plan.
- Support the Census 2020 Senior Fellow through monitoring of ongoing Census news and resources being developed.
- Maintenance of the NY Counts 2020 website, including the resource and calendar pages, a robust social media presence for NY Counts 2020, mailing lists and email campaigns.
- Update presentations and materials as necessary to ensure that they reflect current Census news and statistics, as well as ensuring they are tailored for specific groups.
- Provide administrative support for the Census Campaign, including document preparation, scheduling meetings, managing AV technology, organizing webinars and state-wide conference calls and supporting senior staff with logistical planning.
- Provide support to the NYIC’s staff at all levels, liaising between Policy, Advocacy and Operations Departments to ensure seamless collaborations.
- Assist in NY Counts 2020 Steering Committee meetings including the development of agendas, note-taking and follow-up on projects that are identified and developed.
Salary Range: $22.00+ per hour
This is a full-time temporary position that is funded through May 15, 2020. In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid time off, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, to [email protected] All emails must have “Census Associate - Temporary” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.