About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Advocacy and Administration Associate will work within the Advocacy Department to support its community outreach, event planning, and supporting the administrative needs of the department. The ideal candidate will have experience with some combination of the following: office administration, data input and management, event support, and an interest in immigrant rights and advocacy.
The Associate will work closely with the Advocacy Department to manage the department’s overall goals, which include supporting advocacy efforts through logistics support and planning, supporting campaigns and initiatives, and tracking legislative outreach.
- Provide administrative support of the department under the direction of the Vice President of Advocacy
- Support the development of internal controls and management tools
- Assist with logistic support and planning of advocacy related events
- Assists logistical preparation for advocacy related actions, events, projects, and campaigns
- Assists Vice President of Advocacy and Advocacy team with participation in various coalitions and covenings
- Assists with NYIC projects as needed, attends all major NYIC events, and participates on an event committee and an organizational development committee
- Some experience with nonprofit and office administration is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of issues faced by immigrant communities in New York State
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience public speaking
- Highly organized, with administrative experience
- Language skills in Spanish, Chinese, Creole, Arabic, Russian, or other language(s) spoken in New York City is a strong asset.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements in an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Advocacy and Administration Associate.”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible. We will consider tailoring the position if we find a strong candidate with some but not all of the relevant skills.