About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York's diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people's lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Administrative Associate will support the functions of the front desk and be critical in addressing operational and facilities issues. The Associate will greet guests, ensure conference room readiness, manage facilities issues, and assist staff with discrete administrative tasks. Additionally, the Administrative Associate may be requested to support executive level projects as needed.
- Maintain the operations of the front desk, including greeting guests, answering calls, and sorting mail.
- Manage facility requests and support office operations, including handling requests for support with office technology (copiers, postage machines, A/V systems).
- Assist the Executive Vice President and other members of Executive Leadership with scheduling.
- Assist with discrete tasks relating to NYIC organizational events and projects.
- Experience with nonprofit and office administration is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of issues faced by immigrant communities in New York State, a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience public speaking.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Language skills in Spanish, Chinese, Creole, Arabic, Russian, or other languages spoken in New York City is a strong asset.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements in an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Administrative Associate.”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible. We will consider tailoring the position if we find a strong candidate with some but not all of the relevant skills.