About the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
NYIC is seeking a part time Administrative Assistant. This is a temporary position that will provide administrative support to the Membership & Capacity Team for approximately 20 hours per week.
- Collecting new Membership and renewal applications.
- Supporting the vetting process of new Membership applications.
- Collecting and processing Membership fee payments.
- Updating member data.
- Supporting data migration and clean up efforts on the NYIC’s Salesforce database.
- Providing administrative support for other team programs as requested.
- Computer fluency, particularly in Word and Excel platforms, Google docs, etc. Familiarity with Salesforce is a strong advantage.
- Prior administrative, record keeping, event support or planning experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Salary Rate: $15.00 per hour.
Please note there are no fringe benefits.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter to [email protected] All emails must have “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday, November 1, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. No phone calls or emails will be accepted for this position.