Overview of the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Manager of Communications, under the supervision of the Communications Strategist, will help drive the NYIC’s robust communications & marketing efforts. The position will oversee all of the NYIC’s social and digital media strategies and initiatives across all issue areas and online platforms including maintaining the organization’s website, drafting e-newsletters and developing and implementing e-campaign strategies, as well as working with external vendors and internal branding guidelines to produce reports, branded materials, social media graphics and other collateral. They will work collaboratively with our policy and advocacy teams to craft messaging and designs; implement proactive strategies to advance our advocacy objectives; identify timely opportunities to promote immigrant rights and integration; respond to developing stories; and enhance NYIC’s brand profile, as necessary. The position will expand and maintain relationships with online influencers, graphic designers, as well as with NYIC staff, members and other allies.
- Support development and implementation of communications strategies for ongoing priorities and rapid response in New York City and Statewide.
- Implement strategies to grow NYIC’s social media audience, increase engagement in our campaigns and issues across all platforms to meet our campaign objectives.
- Monitor online publications and social media for coverage of issues affecting the NYIC and immigrant rights.
- Drive strategies to raise money for the organization through online and digital fundraising approaches.
- Maintain a long-term content strategy and email calendar, in order to create a cohesive message about the NYIC’s initiatives, campaigns, and mission.
- Create and synthesize monthly/quarterly analytic reports for website and all e-campaigns.
- Lead or support trainings for NYIC members and staff on social media, messaging, and other communications topics.
- Work with the Communications Strategist and consultants to advance communications-related efforts projects, including video production, well-designed public materials, annual report, and newsletters.
- Ensuring branding guidelines are instituted and followed on all platforms and throughout the organization, as well as support creation of collateral, as needed
- All communications staff are required to be able to work cross-functionally to support key efforts, staff and programs, as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant communications experience, particularly in digital campaigning and social media or/and website content strategy development, preferably in a nonprofit advocacy context.
- Excellent writing skills. Candidate should be able to write sharp, memorable copy under deadline.
- Knowledge of immigration policy and / or issues facing immigrant communities strongly preferred.
- Tech-savvy and comfort with new digital media and website management. Expertise in graphic design, photo editing, and / or video production is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse groups and populations.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, or another language other than English is a strong advantage.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line: Manager of Communications, Digital Campaigning and Marketing. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; early applications are encouraged.