Overview of the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
Under the supervision of the Communications Strategist, the Senior Associate of Communications, Digital Campaigning and Marketing will help drive the NYIC’s robust communications & marketing efforts. The position will oversee all of the NYIC’s social and digital media strategies and initiatives across all issue areas and online platforms including maintaining the organization’s website, drafting e-newsletters and developing and implementing e-campaign strategies. The Senior Associate will also work with external vendors and internal branding guidelines to produce reports, branded materials, social media graphics and promotional materials. They will work collaboratively with our policy and advocacy teams to craft messaging and designs; implement proactive strategies to advance our advocacy objectives; identify timely opportunities to promote immigrant rights and integration; respond to developing stories; and enhance NYIC’s brand profile, as necessary. The position will expand and maintain relationships with online influencers, graphic designers, as well as with NYIC staff, members and other allies.
Support development and implementation of communications strategies for ongoing priorities and rapid response in New York City and Statewide, including:
- Implement strategies to grow NYIC’s social media audience; increase engagement in our campaigns and issues across all platforms to meet our campaign objectives; and to raise funds through digital approaches.
- Maintain a long-term content strategy and email calendar, in order to create a cohesive message about the NYIC’s initiatives, campaigns, and mission. Work with the Communications Strategist and consultants to advance communications-related projects, including video production, well-designed public materials, annual report, and newsletters.
- Create and synthesize monthly/quarterly analytic reports for website and all e-campaigns. Monitor online publications and social media for coverage of issues affecting the NYIC and immigrant rights.
- Lead or support trainings for NYIC members and staff on social media, messaging, and other communications topics.
- Ensure branding guidelines are instituted and followed on all platforms and throughout the organization, as well as support creation of collateral, as needed.
- Perform similar functions for the NYIC’s affiliated organization, the New York State Immigrant Action Fund.
- Assist with additional duties as necessary. All communications staff are required to be able to work cross-functionally to support key efforts, staff and programs, as needed.
- 1-2 years of digital campaigning experience, a must.
- 1-2 years experience in social media, website management and website content strategy development, preferably in a nonprofit advocacy context, a must.
- Experience in InDesign and/or Canva, tech-savvy and comfort with new digital media, a must.
- Experience in graphic design, photo editing, and/or video production, preferred.
- Ability to write sharp, memorable copy under deadline.
- Meticulous organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with high-level accuracy.
- Must be a team player and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances.
- Knowledge of and commitment to social justice and immigrant justice.
- Knowledge of Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, or another language other than English, a plus.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within New York state.
Salary Range: $49,000+
In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid time off, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, to [email protected] All emails must have “Senior Associate of Communications, Digital Campaigning and Marketing” in the subject line.
Deadline: Open until filled
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. No phone calls or emails will be accepted for this position.